Employer: Help with declaration of compliance
The declaration of compliance is an online form for you to tell The Pensions Regulator how you have met your legal duties.
Our declaration of compliance checklist shows all of the information you will need to complete your declaration. Make sure you start your declaration ahead of your deadline because the information may take time to prepare.
You can also use this online form to bring your staging date forward . You may choose to do this to align it with other business practices, like the start of your financial year.
The information you submit will form an official record of the employer's compliance, so you must make sure it is correct.
How to log in
Before you can start your declaration of compliance you will need to register with Government Gateway.
Sign up with Government Gateway
If you are already signed up as an individual you will need to sign up as an organisation. You’ll receive an email to say that you've registered with Government Gateway. This does not mean that you've completed your declaration.
Link ‘automatic enrolment declaration of compliance (for employers)’ to your Government Gateway account.
Start your declaration of compliance.
Once you have provided all the information required and submitted your declaration you will then have completed your declaration of compliance with The Pensions Regulator.
What you will need
Our declaration of compliance checklist gives a list of all the information you will need to complete your declaration.
Before you start your declaration you will need:
- Your letter code, which is your unique 10-digit number shown at the top of each automatic enrolment letter you receive from us. If you don't have one go to www.tpr.gov.uk/letter-code (you will need your PAYE reference and your accounts office reference number).
- Your PAYE reference(s).
Bringing your staging date forward
To tell The Pensions Regulator about bringing a staging date forward you will need to:
- Give the PAYE references that you use. You will also need to let us know if you do not use a PAYE scheme
- Choose a new staging date
- If you have staff to put into a pension scheme, make sure that you have agreement from the pension scheme that you've chosen that it can be used for automatic enrolment from your new staging date
- Give your (the employer's) name and address
If you share your PAYE scheme with other employers, call us on 0345 600 1011 to bring forward your staging date as you won't be able to tell us online.
« Back to log in and declaration
Tell us that someone no longer acts on your behalf
Call us on 0345 600 1011 to tell us that someone no longer acts on your behalf to prevent unauthorised access to your declaration records. You can’t do this online.