Acting on behalf of an employer: Help with re-declaration
Re-enrolment occurs every three years. An employer must ensure that certain staff who have left their pension scheme are put back into it. Find out more about re-enrolment.
A re-declaration of compliance must then be completed, within five calendar months of the third anniversary of the employer’s staging date, to tell the Pensions Regulator how the re-enrolment duties have been met.
If you are completing a re-declaration for more than one employer select 'Acting on behalf of an employer'. Using this option is the easiest way to complete multiple re-declarations using one login.
The information you submit will form an official record of the employer's compliance, so you must make sure it is correct.
How to login
If you have not used this service before, you will need to:
Ask for an agent reference number from The Pensions Regulator
You must have an agent reference number to register with Government Gateway as an agent. Fill in the form and we will email your reference number to you.
Get a Government Gateway ID
Register as an agent with the Government Gateway to get a username and password to get access to The Pension Regulator’s online declaration of compliance form.
Log in to the Government Gateway
Select ‘Automatic enrolment online registration (for agents) – The Pensions Regulator’. You’ll then be asked for your agent reference number given by The Pensions Regulator and your postcode.
Add an employer to your profile to act on their behalf
To do this you will need the employer's letter code (sent to them by The Pensions Regulator in letters about automatic enrolment) and one of the PAYE references that they use. Without these details, you will not be able to add an employer to your profile and act on their behalf.
Completing a re-declaration of compliance
The information given in the employer’s previous declaration is already included. If any of these details have changed, please update them.
- Details of the pension scheme(s) the employer has used for automatic enrolment and re-enrolment. You can find this in the policy booklet or scheme documentation.
- All relevant PAYE references.
- A summary of the number of staff on the employer’s re-enrolment date who:
• were already in a pension scheme that you also pay into
• did not meet the age and earnings criteria to be put into a pension scheme
- Name and address details of the employer.
- Companies House number (or if you do not have one, your industrial and provident society number, registered charity number or VAT registration number).
« Back to log in